A root canal treatment can save a tooth from extraction. Recommended to address a number of tooth problems, root canal treatment relieves pain and prevents the development of other dental issues.
Unfortunately, many people are afraid of root canal treatment. It is often perceived as painful and stressful. At Western Clinic Dental, we make your root canal treatment experience as painless and carefree as possible.
Our aim is to save your teeth and remove any doubts you might have about the treatment. At Western Clinic Dental, a root canal always a safe procedure.
Why You Need A Root Canal Treatment
Your tooth encases your nerve tissue or pulp. Tooth pulp is made up of living items including blood vessels, nerves, and connective tissues. When exposed to severe tooth decay, the pulp becomes infected and breaks down causing bacteria to thrive in the pulp chamber. Dental abscess develops, followed by pain and swelling.
Other causes of a damaged pulp are:
- Repeated dental procedures on a tooth
- Poor dental jobs
- Cracked or chipped teeth
- Large fillings
- Gum disease
- Trauma to the face
A tooth needing of a root canal treatment may display the following the symptoms:
- Toothache, particularly when applying pressure on the area
- Sensitive teeth
- Discoloured teeth
- Swollen gums
- Dental abscess
If left untreated, the infection will spread to the other teeth and cause bone loss on the affected teeth.
Benefits Of Root Canal Treatment
The following are the benefits of root canal treatment:
- Save your tooth from extraction
- Repair damaged tooth
- Stop the infection from spreading
- Return your speaking and biting capacity
The Root Canal Procedure
At Western Clinic Dental we take every precaution to make each procedure safe and painless. During a root canal treatment, your Torrensville dentist will do the following:
- Numb the area with a local anaesthesia.
- Remove the infected pulp and clean the inside of your tooth.
- Fill the tooth with a temporary filling, which is removed on the next visit and replaced with a permanent filling.
- A crown may be used during the sealing process to protect the tooth from further damage and restore its strength.
Your recovery will be closely monitored by your dentist to ensure that your teeth are back to their prime.
Safe And Painless Root Procedure At Western Clinic Dental
Do not let your teeth’s trouble trouble you. At Western Clinic Dental we take care of your teeth and save them from extraction through our safe and painless treatments.
Start your path to healthier smile today!