Picking a dentist sounds like a simple thing, but often times it can be difficult, particularly for those moving to a new area.
The good news is that advances in technology make finding a new dentist easier today than it has ever been. Still, what can be difficult when searching for a new dentist is figuring out what you should be looking for and what specific questions you should be asking during the course of your search.
Knowing what to look for and what to ask in your search for the best dentist in the Torrensville area is the first step to help you find that best dentist that you and your family deserve!
To help people in the Torrensville area who are searching for a dentist, Western Clinic Dental is happy to offer you the following helpful tips on finding a great dentist in our area.
And when your search is concluded, we expect to see you at Western Clinic Dental!
Here are a few things to consider:
Before beginning your search for a new dentist, you should have in mind some of the practical questions that surround your search. Here are a few of those:
- Is the location of the dentist convenient for you? If it takes too much time to reach your dentist, or your dentist is difficult to reach, it becomes more likely that you won’t make scheduled visits.
- What hours is the dental office open — is the dentist available when you have the time to visit?
- What are the costs of typical treatments?
- Is clear information about costs provided before treatment is scheduled?
- Does the practice accept your insurance plan or offer a payment plan if you can’t pay the full amount?
- Is payment requested in the office or will the office file a claim with your insurance company and bill you for the balance?
- Can you speak to the dentist, directly, if you have a dental issue or question you need to discuss? Are messages returned the same day?
- How does the dentist deal with emergencies during office hours and during after office hours?
- Are patients notified ahead of time when it’s time for a checkup? Most practices make a reminder call or send a text prior to a scheduled appointment. This type of courtesy can signal a practice with a good attitude.
What are Key Aspects of a Great Dental Practice?
Experience: Nothing beats experience, so learn how long a prospective dentist has been practising and which treatments/approaches the dentist uses. Also, if you need a particular treatment or have a particular issue, ask how often a dentist works with that problem. Your dentist’s skills should match your needs.
Atmosphere: Never choose a dentist before making a visit. It is important that you feel comfortable in the office and in the dental chair, and it is particularly important in the case of children, who often have worries that can make visits uncomfortable.
Money Matters: Find out if your potential dentist works with your dental insurance plan. If you do not have insurance will the practice accept your credit card or provide its own financing options? Even with insurance, some treatments may not be fully covered, so ask about what percentage of service is usually covered by insurance..
Convenience: If you can’t visit your dentist, can’t find parking, can’t get an appointment, or don’t receive needed services, the fit is not good. Your dentist must be convenient and easy to visit. You will visit at least twice a year and don’t want excuses not to visit!
A dentist is something like a friend – it probably won’t work unless you are a good match and feel comfortable with each other.
How to Search for Potential Dentists
Question people you know and trust. This is the most basic approach of all – simply ask someone you know and trust. This can include family members, friends, your doctor, or even your pharmacist. If you are moving somewhere new, you might ask your current dentist for a suggestion.
Use the Internet. Sites like Google and Yelp allow you to read others’ opinions about a dentist.
Look over the dentist’s website and blog. A dental website can give you a lot of useful information. View pictures of the office, discover what services are offered, or read the dentist’s blog. Usually, the website will also contain information about the dentist’s qualifications and experience, as well.
Choosing Western Clinic Dental
At Western Clinic Dental we offer a full range of comprehensive general and restorative dental treatments, using a personalised approach. Our dental surgery is modern, featuring cutting-edge equipment and treatment methodologies.
We offer reasonably priced treatments in our convenient, first-floor offices. We are conveniently located on Henley Beach Road, near South Road (A2), with bus-stops adjacent to our offices.
Dental emergency problems are addressed on the same day.