Missing teeth can stop great moments from happening. You don’t want to smile if there are holes in your mouth to draw negative attention. Not only are missing teeth flaws in your smile, they can also affect your other functions such as eating and speaking.
If you are suffering from missing teeth, your dentist at Western Clinic Dental can help you. Take advantage of the multiple options we offer under restorative dentistry, including dentures. Call us today so we can start your path back to brighter smile.
Dentures: Definition And Benefits
Dentures are a removable substitute for missing teeth. The false teeth are attached to a plastic called acrylic, or to metal.
There are two types of dentures – partial and full dentures. Partial dentures are recommended for patients who have lost some but not all of their natural teeth. Full dentures on the other hand are recommended for patients whose full set of teeth are missing.
Dentures are chosen by many for their practical and aesthetic reasons including:
- Improved bite and chewing capacity
- Reduced speech problems
- Support of your face, giving it a fuller look
- Protects remaining teeth from further stress by balancing pressure in the mouth (for partial dentures)
- Can be removed for proper cleaning
- Sturdy and with proper care, can last a long time
Care for Dentures
Dentures are constructed from sturdy materials made to withstand the pressure of your teeth’s daily functions. To make good use of them, it is important to take good care of them. Here are some quick and easy reminders of how to take care of your dentures.
- Be mindful of what you eat. Avoid hard or sharp food that can cause cracks in your dentures. Sticky foods can also be a problem.
- When removing your dentures at night, stand over a towel or something soft that can cushion a possible fall.
- Do not let your dentures go dry. Soak them in a denture cleanser or clean tap water when not in use.
- Use soft bristles to brush your dentures. Brush your gums and tongue as well, to keep your mouth healthy.
- If you see cracks on your dentures, see your dentist right away. Denture repair kits are ineffective and can even cause more damage to your dentures.
Durable Dentures At Western Clinic Dental
Don’t think twice before getting dentures at Western Clinic Dental. You deserve to have a beautiful smile and strong teeth to match. Dentures at Western Clinic Dental are made of premium quality materials so they fully function as teeth. Each denture has the look and feel of natural teeth and is custom fitted to your size so you don’t have to worry of dentures falling off.
Western Clinic Dental is the right choice for durable dentures in Torrensville.