A dental emergency can happen to anyone, anytime, and anywhere. No one is safe from the risks that can cause damages to your pearly whites. In just a blink of an eye, you can suffer from a Dental Emergency in Adelaide that can have lasting effects on your oral health if left unattended.
At Western Clinic Dental, we work with urgency and efficiency in mind. If you or your loved ones suffer from a dental emergency, call or visit your Torrensville dentist right away. A same day emergency appointment is available to cater to your needs.
Dental Emergency in Adelaide Services At Western Clinic Dental
Our team of quick and skilled dentists and staff provides relief from a wide range of dental emergencies in Adelaide including:
- Children’s dental emergencies
- Toothache or dental pain
- Knocked out teeth
- Broken dentures
- Lost fillings, crowns, and inlay/onlay
- Dental abscess
- Soft tissues injuries in the mouth
First Aid Steps
In case of a dental emergency, administering the right first aid steps is also important. At Western Clinic Dental Emergency in Adelaide, we want you to be fully knowledgeable and prepared for the first aid steps needed during a dental emergency. We have listed the first aid steps for two of the most common dental emergencies experienced by young and old alike.
Knocked Out Tooth
- Pick and secure the tooth immediately. Hold it by the crown and do not touch the root.
- If the tooth is dirty, rinse it with lukewarm water for no more than 10 seconds. Do not brush, scrape, or rub.
- If it is a permanent tooth, reinsert it in place and bite down gently on a clean piece of cloth. For knocked out baby tooth, let your dentist do the re-implantation to avoid damage top the developing permanent tooth underneath.
- Soak the tooth in milk, saline solution, or saliva on your way to the dentist.
- Go to your dentist within 30 minutes of the injury.
- Make sure that there are no food particles left in the mouth, particularly in the aching area.
- Brush your teeth gently, floss in between teeth, and rinse with an antiseptic mouthwash or a salt-water solution (1/2 teaspoon of salt to eight ounces of lukewarm water).
- Apply clove oil on the aching area to reduce pain and sensitivity.
- Take OTC pain relievers but always be mindful of their restrictions. Never put aspirin on the aching area as this can cause a chemical burn.
- Go to your dentist immediately.
Same Day Dental Emergency in Adelaide Appointment At Western Clinic Dental
Western Clinic Dental is ready to relieve your pain and worry specially in dental emergencies. We believe in the importance of urgency and efficiency to effectively address a dental emergency. Rest assured that our team of experienced dentist and staff can take care of you, so you and your pearly whites don’t have to suffer. A same day emergency appointment available for you and your loved ones in Torrensville. Call us on (04) 1207 1074 or request your appointment online today!