Modern dentistry provides multiple options for restoring your teeth’s aesthetic and day-to-day functions. Gone are the days of missing teeth and imperfect smiles.
At Western Clinic Dental, you can get your smile back! If you have teeth imperfections, dental crowns and bridges might be the best option for you. Visit your Torrensville dentist today and start on your way to a brighter smile.
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are fixed restorative devices cemented into place by your dentist. They “cap” or cover a damaged tooth to improve its appearance and function.
Dental crowns have the look and feel of a natural tooth. They are made of durable materials made to last a long time when given proper care and good oral hygiene.
A dental crown is used in the following cases:
- Tooth severely damaged by tooth decay
- Cracked or worn down tooth
- Unnatural shape and colour of tooth
- Tooth with a large tooth filling
- Used together with dental implants and bridges
Benefits Of Dental Crowns
Restoring your teeth’s form and function through dental crowns is a popular choice because of their practical and aesthetic benefits. Dental crowns can:
- Strengthen a tooth weakened by decay
- Protect tooth from further damage and strain
- Create natural shape for imperfect or irregular tooth
- Hold a filling, particularly a large filling
- Whiten a discoloured tooth that resists natural teeth whitening
What Is A Dental Bridge?
Another option to replace missing teeth is called a dental bridge. A dental bridge is a fixed restorative device that replaces multiple missing teeth. It “bridges” one natural tooth to another by filling the gap in between with false teeth. The false teeth are supported on either end by a dental crown capped over a natural tooth or dental implant.
Just like dental crowns, dental bridges are proven to last a long time, given proper care and good oral hygiene. Crowns are often recommended for those with few missing teeth. However, if there are too few or no remaining natural teeth in the mouth, the next option is a denture.
Benefits Of Dental Bridges
A dental bridge can be used in a number of beneficial ways:
- Replace missing teeth
- Restore biting and chewing capacity
- Improve speech
- Restore normal face structure, hence stops you from looking older than your age
- Restore balance of pressure in the mouth during chewing
- Stops the remaining natural teeth from shifting out of place
- Prevents progressive bone loss caused by missing teeth
Durable Crowns And Bridges At Western Clinic Dental
If you are troubled by one or more of the conditions mentioned above, visit your Torrensville dentist in Western Clinic Dental right away! We provide multiple options for restoring your teeth including crowns and bridges.
Talk with your Torrensville dentist and discuss your options with us. We are more than happy to help you get back the smile and ease as soon as possible.
Our dental crowns and bridges are made of the finest material so they can last a long time while fully doing your natural teeth’s day-to-day functions.
Learn more about these wonderful dentistry miracles!